Why did I choose the title for this post to be "Choose Your Destiny"? Besides the fact that I recently watched DARK KNIGHT, and that was a huge theme in the movie, I truly believe in it. We have the power to make things happen for ourselves if we put our minds to it. Hence yearly goals right?
It's a time or reflection and introspection... and of course the rolling of the eyes, I can't believe I thought I could do this, I'm such a procrastinator, no you can't have a Venti double shot espresso mocha latte this morning!!! (Fine, I'll have Green Tea Latte instead! And yes, that is what I'm drinking this morning. My wonderful brother-in-law got me a gift card to Starbuck's so I will be indulging quite frequently.)
But back to thinking. What the heck have I done all year? Seems like a blur, but I know I must have done something...
Accomplished in 2008:
- Recieved 6 contracts for my novellas
- Established blog History Undressed
- Received requests for full manuscripts from 2 major NY publishers and 1 agent
- Became President of Celtic Hearts Romance Writers
- Became Editor of Hearts Through History's Newsletter
- Taught my first workshops
- Wrote several articles
- Met some wonderful new writer friends
- Lost 14 pounds (and this all in the last two months...) But does it really count, since I seemed to have gained 20 over the year? Hmmm... I'm going to say yes!
- Of course, joined The Pen and Muse blog!!!
- Somehow managed to stay completely sane this year!
As far as my goals for this year, I would say I met most of them :) Maybe even more. I'm still trying to get a handle on my chores, but I think the only thing that will ever work for me -- since I LOATHE cleaning -- is to somehow convince dear husband to hire me a maid... I am not very confident that this will happen though, unless I somehow manage to garner a nice contract and pay for it myself :)
So okay, my 2008 was pretty great. How can I keep up with the momentum I've started?
Goals for 2009:
- Receive a contract for my medieval series
- Receive a contract for my Regency erotic
- Continue with my efforts within the chapters and groups I belong to
- Promote my work
- Start a pilates program
- Attend RWA Nationals
- Look for an agent
- Continue to organize my house...
- Teach workshops
- Write 2 articles
- WRITE! WRITE! WRITE!
- And as always, stay sane while doing it all!
Anyone want to share their goals? What did you accomplish in 2008 and what do you hope to accomplish in 2009?
Have a safe and happy new year everyone!!!