Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Pen Review: Bomb Pop

Bomb Pop Cover.jpg




Bomb Pop by Erin O'Riordan



Publisher: Erotique Press



Publication Date: July 4, 2009



Format: E-book



Length: 37 pages



Genre: Contemporary erotic romance



Heat rating: Medium



Contact: www.aeess.com



Rating: star4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gif

What I liked: I loved how Erin took a treat and made it so erotic! I also loved how it went from something erotic to something very sweet between the two main characters. A sweet yet tantalizing read!

Synopsis:
Bomb-Pop (n): 1. A classic American frozen treat, a fruit-flavored popsicle in the red, white and blue of the American flag. 2. The story of Gretchen Malone, a second-grade teacher who normally keeps her wits about her, especially when it comes to workplace romances. That is, until hunky kindergarten teacher Thom Reno brings up a long-buried memory from summers past and a repressed schoolgirl crush along with it.

Excerpt:

I backed into the teacher=s lounge and set my stack of papers on the conference table.
"Hey, Miss Malone."

At the far end of the table, Thom Reno sat turning a single popsicle stick over and over in his hands. I felt a rush of blood to my cheeks.

"Oh, hi, Mr. Reno." "Looks like you have quite a bit of work to do." I thought of moving my pile of papers closer to where Thom sat, but that would have been inviting trouble. He must have noticed my red cheeks. To make matters worse, he looked especially good that day. He hadn't shaved, and his black beard was at that perfect stage before it starts to get too messy. He wore the black corduroys, the ones that really flattered his butt when he stuck a hard pack of cigarettes in the back pocket. His rumpled, gray-striped sweater clung to his shoulders the way I, in off moments, wished I could.
"Handwriting exercises," I said, thumbing through the stack.

Thom smiled. "I should probably leave you to that. As you can see, I=m not getting any work done myself."

I should have caught myself, but the words slipped out anyway. "What are you doing?"
He laughed. "The kindergartners and I made popsicle-
stick angels yesterday. Mason, in the a.m. kindergartenCyou

No comments:

Post a Comment