Saturday, December 12, 2009

Twilight Series Days ~ Sandira & Canvas Warriors

Sandira is a good friend of mine. She is such an amazing artist and friend that I had to showcase her work!

Check out our interview and her creations!

originalchuck1.jpg


Tell us about yourself. Where are you from?
I'm of Indian descent and was born in South Africa. I have grown up in between South Africa and England, which is where I live now.


BreakingDawnSet1.jpg

What drew you to the Twilight series? Who is your favorite character and why?

I saw the movie last year and liked it. A few months later my sister was given the books for her birthday, we both started reading them and couldn't stop, I think I read the series one after another, in two weeks. I was hooked!

I love bella and related to her at first - I was always the new girl in school as we moved between South Africa and England. I got her felling of isolation and not fitting in. My fav character has to be Edward of course! I just wanted to meet a guy like Edward (who doesn't?!) when reading the series.

EdwardsMessageNecklace.jpg

Team Edward or Jacob?
I do like Jacob and feel for him but its Team Edward all the way!

What did you think of the New Moon movie?
I thought they did a great job, especially as this was my favourite book. The wolves looked amazing and it was exciting to see the Volturi come to life out of the book. Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner were great, and I thought they did the whole love triangle really well. You really feel for Jacob!

Team Jacob - silver hood.jpg

Your art is amazing as well as your Twilight Couture, bracelets, and hoodies. I own a pair of the chucks and will soon own one of the bracelets. I absolutely love them and wore them to the day opening day for New Moon. What started it all? Where can others view your works and buy them?

Thank you so much! Its awesome that other people love the creations, especially as it all started because I couldn't find anything that I would want to wear.So I decided to create things myself. Im a huge fan of Charm bracelets in general - so Twilight charm bracelets were a natural creation for me. Im also a professional artist so using Converse as an alternate canvas was another idea that came naturally. All my designs can be found on the Canvas Warriors website: www.canvaswarriors.co.uk


gold.jpg



What do you like to read? What are you currently reading?

I like quite a wide variety. At the moment Im reading two books: The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and The host by Stephanie Meyer



silver.jpg



What are your favorites?
I used to be a huge fan of James Patterson - especially his Alex Cross series. I have too many favourites - I loved Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.

One of my all time favourites though has to be Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert. I adore the way she writes. I read Life of Pi (Yann Martel) recently and found that incredible. Tuesdays with Morrie (Mitch Albom) had me choked at every chapter, this book really makes you appreciate things more. I also love The Alchemist, especially as I feel that my life followed a similiar journey. I could go on forever about books!

chuck4.jpg

Thank you Sandira for joining us on here!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the stuff, but my favorites are the shoes. Too cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I love those too! I have a pair that I wear from time to time. Isn't she such an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This can't be easy, Denisse! I could never make that stuff. She's very talented.

    ReplyDelete