Monday, January 18, 2010

The Pen Review & Interview : Brigit Zahara

Welcome to the afternoon edition of The Pen Review. Today's guest is none other than Brigit Zahara! Thank you to Brigit, Rachel from Morgan Productions, and Laura from Ellora's Cave.


9781419919763.jpg

Flavors of Ecstasy Vol 4

Authors: Brigit Zahara, L.A. Day, Isabelle Drake Regina Carlysle, Madison Hayes, and Aubrey Ross

Genre: Anthology/Romance

Publisher: Ellora's Cave

Rating: star3a.gifstar3a.gifstar3a.gifstar3a.gif

What I liked:

As an anthology it stands on it's own. Each author has their unique writing skills and characters. Brigit Zahara's Stick Up is one of those stories. Now for those of you who didn't know, Brigit was once a former CIA operative, now for me that sparks an interest into reading her work as she has tons of experience. Her scenes and characters are so vivid that you feel you are actually there living in the moment with her characters. That's exactly what I felt when reading Stick Up. So those of you looking into some thrills, chills, romance, and action, look no further than with Brigit's Stick Up and the stories in this anthology.

To read any more of Brigit's work please head over here.

Blurb:

The wonky thermostat at the historic bank building where Monica works is on the fritz again. Just when she thinks things can’t get any hotter, a pistol-packing stud slides her a note. He’s demands money while his sexy smirk demands her body’s response.

Realizing that he is none other than her old boyfriend from college, there with his appearing-out-of-nowhere sidekick, the couple’s former best friend, Monica gets pretty hot under the collar. But when the daring duo take her hostage and retreat to a rustic hideout, the situation really heats up.


Now to the interview....





Tell us about yourself. Where are you from?

I am originally from New York but moved with my husband to Majorca, Spain over a decade ago.



When did you start to write? What inspires you?


I began writing some twenty years ago as a way of taking myself out of my head and distracting myself from my work. When I finally left my job, writing became my new occupation. I am inspired by excitement, adventure and passion in all their many forms.


Tell us about your stories, where do they come from? Your characters, how do you come up with them?

I know it sounds boring but they just come to me. Perhaps the trigger is a thought, a memory, an image, a sound...but in the end, the stories and characters themselves materialize out of my mental mist. LOL


Does your muse rule you or you it?

Definitely me it. If I sat around and waited for it to appear, I would be doing nothing for a very long time. So I just sit down and start working, and eventually, my muse shows up and lends a hand.


What are you currently or looking to work on next?

As a fan of the genre in print and film myself, I will next be tackling a M/M erotica story.


What would your advice be to aspiring writers?

Consider the criticisms you receive, apply them if accurate, discard them if not. But keep writing either way.


What do you like to read?

My taste is pretty eclectic but I do go through cycles. Right now I'm in a thriller/mystery phase.


What are your favorites?

Usually it's the last great book I read...that's until I discover the next one. :) The last non-fiction I read and loved was The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle; the last fiction book was Velocity by Dean Koontz. I would highly recommend both.


What is your favorite word? Least favorite?


"Surrender" and "Can't" respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment