Sunday, February 28, 2010

Review: Ignited by Amber Skyze

Ignited
By Amber Skyze

Genre: Erotica Quickie (60 pages)

Release: January 26, 2010

Price: $2.95 (available as an e-book only) ISBN: 9781419925344
 
Publisher: Ellora's Cave

Rating: star4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gif

What I liked (SPOILERS):
This was definitely a quickie. I'd barely felt like I'm in the mind of the characters, and then it was done. Definitely not a romance, although it was romantic. But this was erotica, with toys and cars and bondage fun. It was an interesting book that I enjoyed, although the writing at times left something to be desired. And the very first scene read a little bit too much like a rape scene (it was sort of a rape fantasy--played out by a husband and wife... but as a reader, I didn't know that while I was reading). I almost stopped reading. But it wasn't violent and it wasn't really non-consent, although it appeared to be, at first glance. And in the end, when I found out who the characters were, it made a lot of sense to me, and I thought it was as well done as it could have been. But I thought it was a unique plot, and if you're into bondage fun, this is definitely the quickie for you. ;-)

Book Blurb
Got Fantasies? Nikaya does. She longs to be loved by two men.

Nikaya is celebrating her birthday with a new Mustang. As she’s climbing the mountain in her shiny new car, a police officer comes out of nowhere. He pulls her over and treats her to a birthday spanking. With a sore butt and a burning need to orgasm, she’s whisked away to a cabin.

Braden and his best friend Hank have a few surprises up their sleeve for the birthday girl. They include whips, floggers, chains, blindfolds and more. They hope to make all her fantasies reality.

Three hot bodies, sex toys and a spanking machine are only the beginning for Nikaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment