Friday, March 12, 2010

Pen Review & Interview: Arianna Skye & Wings of Desire

wodthumb.jpg

Wings of Desire

Arianna Skye


Website: http://www.ariannaskye.com/

Publisher: Eternal Press

Genre: Erotic, Fantasy, Romance

Rating: star4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gif

What I liked: Arianna Skye pleases with this treasure of a story! This is certainly not the kind of fairytale your mom would read to you! It's the story that I would as I got older of course go to read and want to read over and over again! I love Rhiannon's character as she is so into her world that she cannot imagine a world of magic until this dark, handsome man appears in her life, even then she isn't quite sure. Cerne wants her to help her, but he will succeed? You will just have to find out! Go pick up this read, I promise it will be worth it. Skye is an author to watch for!


Excerpt & Buy : http://www.eternalpress.ca/wingsofdesire.html

Book Blurb:

A fairytale, but not the kind your mother used to read you!


Rhiannon Kinsley's life goes from boring to downright crazy when a freak lightning bolt strikes her laptop. To make matters even more bizarre, strange words and symbols flash across the computer screen and she hears a mysterious voice. Time to call the men in white coats! Then Cerne Silverwing, an intriguingly sexy man, appears. He insists she’s a faerie princess whose fate will determine his own. What a crock! Now she knows who really needs those white coats.


With the Dark Faerie forces threatening his kingdom, Cerne kidnaps Rhiannon and brings her to Fey, a land where magic knows no bounds. He's performing a duty to save his kingdom and nothing more—a duty that will bring him his wings and the strengthened magic that comes with them. If he doesn’t unite with the princess as her consort, those wings will never grow. But this princess grew up in the land of laptops and instant messages, and she’s convinced they're both crazy. Despite their differences, the two are thrust together to defeat the whip-wielding Dark Faerie Queen before she takes over the kingdom. Passion and peril aside, will Rhiannon and Cerne discover their true destiny?


The Interview



Where are you from? Tell us a little about yourself!

I currently live in a small suburb outside of Grand Rapids, MI. I like to think I live a somewhat normal life. Besides the writing, I work full time as a help desk representative. I’ve got a boatload of hobbies that I enjoy as well, including arts and crafts, ceramics, wood burning, and I dabble in web and graphic design.


What inspires you to write?

I love telling stories. I’ve always written since I was a child. By the time I was a Senior in High School, I knew I wanted to become a published author. And—umm—several years later, here I am.

Do you find that your muse takes over when writing?

At times he does. Most the time I don’t agree with his decisions, then when I go back and re-read what I wrote it’s spot on. Now if I could just motivate Mr. Muse to cooperate with me on my next project.


Tell us a bit about your book, Wings of Desire? What inspired it?

I’ll post the blurb, if that’s okay?


A fairytale, but not the kind your mother used to read you!


Rhiannon Kinsley's life goes from boring to downright crazy when a freak lightning bolt strikes her laptop. To make matters even more bizarre, strange words and symbols flash across the computer screen and she hears a mysterious voice. Time to call the men in white coats! Then Cerne Silverwing, an intriguingly sexy man, appears. He insists she’s a faerie princess whose fate will determine his own. What a crock! Now she knows who really needs those white coats.


With the Dark Faerie forces threatening his kingdom, Cerne kidnaps Rhiannon and brings her to Fey, a land where magic knows no bounds. He's performing a duty to save his kingdom and nothing more—a duty that will bring him his wings and the strengthened magic that comes with them. If he doesn’t unite with the princess as her consort, those wings will never grow. But this princess grew up in the land of laptops and instant messages, and she’s convinced they're both crazy. Despite their differences, the two are thrust together to defeat the whip-wielding Dark Faerie Queen before she takes over the kingdom. Passion and peril aside, will Rhiannon and Cerne discover their true destiny?


If you couldn’t already tell, I’m somewhat of a geek. I love computers and technology. Back in the day, I spent *massive* amounts of time on the internet and chat rooms. So much so, my parents were ready to put me in a 12 step program. One night, I noticed that most everyone in the chatroom (myself included) had names of gods and goddesses. I chose the name of the Greek goddess of harvest, Demeter. Anyhow, I started playing what-if scenarios in my mind. What if the chatter was on the computer in a thunderstorm. What if the computer she was on got zapped by lightning. What if the energy of the surge sent her back to ancient Greece. Mr. Muse then reminded me of this brainstorm about ten years later. We then realized the woman in the chat room wasn’t a Greek goddess. It was a Celtic goddess. Then BAM she wasn’t a goddess at all. She was a faerie princess.


Do you have any have any other works in progress that you want to share?
I’ve just sold a series of 4 humorous paranormal romances to Sourcebooks. The first book, about a half-succubus hairstylist will be available in Spring of 2011. They’ll be written under the name Sidney Ayers.

What would be your advice to aspiring writers out there?

Never give up. Keep on writing and submitting. Also, I’m quite fond of this saying (I’ve added my own flair to it): “Write what you love. Love what you write… Otherwise no one else will, either!”


What are your favorite books at the moment?
I love all sorts of books. Historical romances, urban fantasy, paranormal (especially if humorous). I’m currently reading Proof By Seduction by Courtney Milan and Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Jill Myles. Both are great in their own special ways.


What is your favorite word? Least favorite?
My favorite word is discombobulated. I just like how it sounds. LOL. As for the least favorite words, well, I don’t think they’d be appropriate for an interview. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the awesome review and interview opportunity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Congrats on the excellent review, Arianna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was amazing! Great things are going to come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I've also read this book and second Denisse's review. Congrats, Arianna.

    ReplyDelete