Thursday, March 11, 2010

Review: Damned and Desired by Kathy Kulig

Damned and Desired
A sequel to Desert of the Damned
By Kathy Kurig

Genre: Contemporary Paranormal Erotic Romance (Shapeshifter)

Price: $5.95 (available as an e-book only)

Release: January 2010

Publisher: Ellora's Cave

Rating: star4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gifstar4a.gif

What I liked:
Fantastic book. I always love when authors who write erotica manage to make the sex integral to the plot. Otherwise, I can often get bored with it. But Kulig made the most imaginative alternate world I've ever read in an erotica novel. Very creative, very interesting. Plus, I see that she has a prequel to this book, as well as another on the way. I definitely plan to read both of those books. I thought the character development was stellar, the plotting kept me engaged the whole time, the world-building was fantastic. I just can't get over how creative this whole premise was. And each of the characters was very distinctive. I would highly, highly recommend this book to you if you like paranormal erotic romance. Really, an amazing book. My congratulations to Kathy Kulig on a great piece of work. Looking forward to more from her.

Book Blurb
She’s a demon, he’s a shapeshifting leopard. From their first meeting in the Arizona desert, passion ignites and trouble begins. As a demon, Sakari Lock must harvest lifeforce energy through sexual seductions to sustain her exiled world. But when Sakari meets Brad, she breaks the number one rule of Anartia—don’t get personal with your quarry. Physician’s assistant Brad Montag is drawn to Sakari’s lustful advances with a blazing desire he can’t explain, unaware of how dangerous she is. No matter how enticing, she’s a complication he doesn’t need until he can conquer his past and regain control of his shapeshifting abilities. Sex this wicked and good can only lead to disaster. When immortals from an alternate dimension try to free their exiled world, Brad is caught in the middle of a battle that could destroy not only him, but the land he loves. 
Reader Advisory: This book offers a bit of bondage for your BDSM pleasure, as well as secondary characters getting down with a little M/M/F fun of their own.
Go to Kathy Kulig's website to see an excerpt from this book, as well as others in the same genre.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the wonderful review. The first book in the series is Desert of the Damned. And yes, I'm working on the third. :) All the best, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. It was a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete