Monday, April 19, 2010

Review: Waiting for Wednesday by Mari Carr

Waiting for Wednesday
 
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Price: $5.20

What I Liked:
I am a sucker for the over-protective male. I can't decide what exactly it is about that particular brand of hero that turns me on so much, but there ya go. So I adored Tristan, the hero of this book. He tries to rescue his heroine from a bad marriage and she runs away from him, but he just keeps on loving her, and it's really quite beautiful. So, of course, when the horrifying ex-husband comes back in the picture, Tristan's protective instincts kick in again, and he is just hotter than hot. Love it. This book is worth reading for him alone. It's also book three in a series about this same big Irish family in Baltimore, so chances are there are going to be more. :-) Keep your little eyes peeled... Tristan is a keeper of a hero, and I have a feeling his brothers will be, too.

Book Blurb:
Tristan Collins knows Lane Bryce is strictly hands-off. She’s smart, funny, kind…and married. But he still looks forward to her once-a-week visits to the family pub where he tends bar. When she fails to arrive one Wednesday, Tris is concerned. When he learns she’s in the hospital, brutally beaten after attempting to leave her unhappy marriage, he’s enraged. Tris vows to protect her, but doesn’t get the chance—Lane checks out of the hospital and disappears without a trace.

A year later, newly divorced Lane is back, and enjoying her independence too much to embark on a relationship. Tris intends to prove she can have freedom and love, and he’s not above using seduction to do it. The more she resists, the more he sets her body ablaze with pleasure the likes of which she’s never known.

After a lifetime of disappointment, trust doesn’t come easily for Lane. But when her ex-husband reenters her life, threatening her independence, her happiness, she could discover too late that Tristan is the one man worthy of not only her trust, but also her love.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say a quick word of thanks to you for this very nice review. Popped up on my google alert and made my day! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari,

    Thanks so much for stopping by. This was a very cool story. Looking forward to reading more of this family of hotties. :-)

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexi, I thought it was. It's also about a family of *Irish* siblings whose family runs a pub in very-Irish-Baltimore. :-) So I figured my Celtic Hearts friends would love it. :-)

    I'm gonna go back and read the previous two. I loves me some Celtic alpha heroes. :-)

    ReplyDelete