Saturday, May 22, 2010

Review: Claimed by Zoe Winters


Claimed by Zoe Winters

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Smashwords
Cost: $.99

What I Liked:
This was a very fun book. I hadn't read the first one ("Kept"), but I could tell that Greta and Dayne were the lead characters, because they seemed to have a developed relationship already, along with some interactions between the main characters of Claimed. I really enjoy series, and I like characters with ongoing relationships. So this was great for me.

This book was sort of like a twist of "Underworld", "Twilight" (in a very good way), and a little Ann Rice. I liked the way she used known vampire lore/culture and twisted in her own ideas. The book had a feisty heroine, an undescribable hero, and a very interesting plot. It's a short novel in a series (2 of 3 and about 120 pages), and well worth the meager price you pay to read it. I think I'll go back and read "Kept" and I'm looking forward to the next release, which should be happening very soon.

Check this book out. It's a good one!

Book Blurb:
Her eyes were frozen in a mask of terror, his order to be quiet unnecessary. She couldn’t have gotten her vocal cords to come to her aid if she’d wanted to. She was too stunned by what stood before her. He peeked into her mind, and saw what she saw: his long blonde hair a disheveled mess, blood streaked over his face, fangs, glowing eyes, and then her mental recognition as she put the pieces together.


Unlike others before her, her mind didn’t deny what she saw. It screamed, vampire. No doubt or hesitation. He had to admire her for that. Her pulse thudded in her throat, drawing his eyes to her jugular.

He heard the thoughts swirling through her mind as she wondered which thing she’d said to him to piss him off. She recognized him. Not just the monster, but the man she’d known from the bookstore.

In one swift movement, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her to him, her back pressed flush against his chest. Then he sank his fangs into the warm column of her throat.

Her blood was exactly as he’d imagined it would be. Sweet and somehow spicy, like her. He couldn’t get enough. He could drink her forever and was dimly aware that wasn’t possible, that at some point soon the blood would run out and he’d never drink from her again.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review. I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for suggesting I read it! I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you checked out Kept? That's the book before it. And Mated, the third novella should release in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet, but I was just on my way to Amazon. :-)

    ReplyDelete