Friday, May 21, 2010

Review: The Highwayman by Fiona Vance

The Highwayman 
by Fiona Vance

Genre: Historical Erotic Romance
Publisher: Breathless Press
Cost: $3.95

What I Liked:
First of all, this was super-short. So I could get in a good read on a lunch break, or waiting at the dentist's office. Second, it was a pdf, so I could put it up on my Kindle, which I appreciate because that's what I always have on me at the dentist's office. :-)

Second, it's a Regency, which I haven't read in awhile, and I was just about due for one. I do love the spicy Regency quickies.

And of course, perhaps the most important part, is that I think it's not over!! This was a fantastic little story. Just about the right length for a quick read, and the writing is absolutely excellent. The heroine was spunky and fun without being a charicature. And the Highwayman. Well, you'll just have to read it yourself to find out. :-) But let me tell you... it's a hot one! :-) Fiona Vance is an excellent writer. And like her saucy heroine, she'll keep you coming back for more.

Book Blurb:
After finding her husband tupping one of the maids in the pantry, Ariadne, the Marchioness of Danvers, sets off to visit her sister to avoid scandal. Wondering if her marriage is over, she finds her carriage held up by a highwayman, whose silver tongue and suave manner soon have her eager to demand her due. Having learned to get what she desires, will Ariadne choose to pass his way again? Or will she use her newfound knowledge to bring her husband to heel?

Read an excerpt here.

7 comments:

  1. Great review. I need to pick up my copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing my book, Rebecca! I'm so glad you liked it!

    What a wonderful way to start the weekend!

    Best,

    Fiona Vance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, added to TBR mountain Good job Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, I highly suggest it. :-) It's very good. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladybirdrobi, thanks for stopping by! If you get it, let us know. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiona, thanks for coming by the Pen & Muse! And thanks for getting us your book to review. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Looking forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy to provide warm and fuzzy. :-) If you write a follow-up, please submit it. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete