Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Interview with Winner Roxanne Rhoads

NewImage.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eternal Desire - Roxanne has always been a favorite and there is plenty of reason that I choose her work to be a winner as well. She always has great plots, characters, and very hot scenes. She knows how to write passions and in this case it shows between the characters and of course between the pages!

 

Where are you from? Tell us a little about yourself!

I live in Flint, Michigan- born and raised here though not in the city area, I live in what used to be farm country. In fact some parts still are.

As an only child growing up out in the country without other children to play with books were my constant companions words my first love. I always wanted to be a writer.

What inspires you to write?

Anything, everything. I write poetry as well as fiction so sometimes a single drop of rain or a silvery thread of moonlight can be the inspiration for a poem. Then sometimes once the poem is complete an idea tells me to take the feeling of the poem and create a story from it.

Other times inspiration may appear from thin air. I may just be sitting around doing nothing and an idea pops into my head.

Do you find that your muse takes over when writing?

Sometimes. My muse is fickle though, there are months when she isn't around and I just have to work and push and fight to get words on the page. Other times when I feel her close the words flow effortlessly.

What inspired this short story? What was your favorite part?

I actually started a very rough draft over 15 years ago in college. A woman who could see ghosts and  man who wasn't just a man- and it was all set in New Orleans. I started it after a trip to New Orleans had me spellbound.

But I never finished the story. Then I found the old draft and made it into what it is today- an erotic romance filled with the magic and mystery of New Orleans.

New Orleans has fascinated me since I was a child. I don't know why, Perhaps it was the books of Anne Rice or something else that just made me feel a kinship to the city.

Do you have any other works in progress that you want to share?

I am currently working on a novel set in Flint, MI- it features a cast of vampires, witches, and demons with a few weres and other paranormal types making appearances as well. I hope to be finished with it soon.

What would be your advice to aspiring writers out there?

Learn the craft, hone your skills, connect with other writers and people in the business and above all else- write all the time.

What are your favorite books at the moment?

I love Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series and any of Annette Blair's magickal fun.

What is your favorite word? Least favorite?

Words....love them so much  I would not dare choose a favorite or least favorite. That's like asking a mother which child is her favorite.As a writer that could be asking for bad luck- if it got out that I chose one and dissed another- they could all mutiny and I would have no words to write with.


Her Websites:

Excerpt:
NewImage.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment